June 30th  - Day 1 @ college

-Abbhirami

June 30th .This day plays a significant part of my life. It is my first day at college and the most exciting day too. I was anxious and was eager to step into my college –Lady Doak (in short  called as LDC).New faces and colorful clothes running about, cell phones, flashy accessories and many, I noticed. My eyes were scanning to find a familiar face in the crowd. Sinking in the ocean of faces it was so hard to find one. I felt it is good to find the respective location by myself. I managed myself to the Auditorium.


Introductory speech was given by the principal of the college. Her speech was quiet inspiring. Her talk on struggles that she faced in her life and how she managed to break through, were all the few things I could remember.


Then it was, time for us to go, look out the college campus. To describe in short, it was huge and old. I found many engravings on the wall, which were telling tales about how the college rose. I found that ,it was really old from those engravings.It was a brainchild of Ms Katie Wilcox,an American missionary.


Then was the lunch break. I found varieties of aroma, filling the entire space in the canteen. All girls rushed to the canteen to find new dishes served for them on the very first day. It was quiet displeasing when I found a very long queue, standing to get them. After an hour of struggle, my friend and I managed to get the dish we liked. Coming out of the canteen after a hearty lunch, I found some of my schoolmates standing, which was a pleasing shock. Then was the party time. It is always the best time when you hang out with your group.


No words, to describe about the evening programs, that were conducted in the Auditorium. I found lots of enthusiasm when I looked around in the eyes of many young women. I found many of my seniors very gregarious. Their dance and their mime were really good.


It was about 3.15pm, when the time came us for to leave. We all bade byes to our friends and left the college for tomorrows start.
 

Comments

Popular Posts