A man on the way



-Abbhirami


It was a usual day on a winter month. Don’t imagine snows. We don’t have snowfalls here. It was the mist that blurred my vision. Since it was freezing cold, I had to wear my jerkins. I was left with nothing to do so I decided to walk down the streets. It was once again my teenage angst that devoured my brain. I was thinking about my future and the commitments.

 It was around 6 in the morning but I could find hardly a soul on the street.

I was totally freezing. I thought that a hot cup of coffee would make me feel great. So I halted in front of a coffee shop. I got in, gave the order and waited. I looked at a man through the window. He was restless. He was in a hurry. He wasn’t normal at all. He walked up and down. And once he noticed me looking at him, he hurried. The way he hurried and his gestures made me feel quiet suspicious. But that’s okay. Why should I bother? I gently took a sip and finished my coffee.

I then, left the shop and was my way back home .It would have not been a minute when I found the same man walking in front of me. This now bothered me, because I was all alone with that big stout man on the road with none. My home is 3 and half kilometers from that coffee shop. I did not feel that 3.5kms when I was on going. But it felt”3.5kms” when I was getting back home. No other go I had to go. I prayed hard while I was walking. In the middle of my prayers, I just scanned him thoroughly and remembered all the stunts from various action movies and my brain was fast in recollecting the stunts and was busy in finding ways to escape if the man came to attack me or something. My prayers continued, continue and continued.

 All through my prayers I never thought of pausing my walk, I continued but the moment I saw the man stop, I felt my heart beat all over my body. My whole body was drenched with sweat. To make this still worse, he turned towards me and was walking towards me. The moment I saw him turn and walking towards me my head started to swirl and I was able to sense fourth, fifth dimensions and so on. I felt suffocated. But still I somehow managed to keep my balance and was ready to face.

He stomped through the small rocks and stones that was scattered on the road. My heart was pounding hard. No way to escape. I stood there, without any slightest movement. He came. He stood right in front of me. I noticed a parcel in a bag he carried. He had an overcoat from which he was about to take something. Will it be paper or a tissue or a knife to stab me? I But why should he do that to me? I ain’t a person to be killed, I am not even a penny worth. Oh God!

I heard some noises coming from the bushes nearby. I turned my head to look. I also noticed him turning to the same direction. Within a fraction of second I saw a man thrashing on the man in front of me. I was taken aback by the way he bounced on him. I skid and fell on the ground hard. I felt the pain and the pain swiped through my spine. My head got jammed and things got blurred.

“Bang” I heard a sound, I could hardly recollect things. But I was able to sense the coldness that was prevailing in the air. I tried to get up. I stood and came close to the door. “Come, Let us eat. How long should I have to call you?” yelled my mother. 

ps: this is something i wrote like 4 years back!

Comments

  1. Nice dream.. Never stop dreaming as well as continue writing 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts