Dandelion

 

Life is just a fine example of surreality. It is truly weird how it transcends to flow. The more you think you have understood it, you are just lost in the depths. The emotions it digs out from you, bleeds, at times. It was a one such day.

With a couple of tea sip, I was starring blank through my window, playing grizzly bear on my speaker. All of a sudden hearing some kids giggle reminded me of my days in Kiel.

..

I remember those days very vividly. Right in front of my student’s dorm(CAH) in Kiel, was a kindergarten, which was always open, untimely, I felt. It was somewhere in summer 2019, when the Sun was up way too early. It was those days, when I wake up probably for a walk or for a breakfast. A typical student life, with no big fancy stuff other than learning and cooking.

I was up for a walk that very day. I was rushing through the main door of my dorm(CAH) when my eyes fell on two young girls, their giggles lit up the whole street.  I just smiled to myself and continued to walk out of the dorm door. The next day, I started at the same time, and I happen to see those two girls, with the giggling I knew it was them.  My eyes searched and fell on them.  They spotted me, looking at them. They smiled, I smiled back. They waved hi, I waved too. That was a cute beginning of, probably a friendship!?

They were too young and pretty, eyes filled with happiness, dreams, hopes and what not. I assume that they were best friends. One had a pony tail and one with the hair let loose. This had been their daily hairstyle. We happen to see each other frequently, then it became daily. The French window at the kitchen was a blessing, it just made us see each other more often in a day. Their smiles day made most of my initial days, and slowly, looking at their smiles became my morning routine.

We never had a chance to speak, all that we did was we waved each other goodbyes and hi ‘s. sometimes a quick hide and seek, me inside the building and they from afar. It was beautiful.

One fine day, I had to leave the place, I started to Dortmund at night. I changed school.

I had this pressing feeling and I still have it, sometimes,

Would they have searched for me?

Would they have hoped to see me? someday?

Would they have missed me?

Should I have told them? But how?  We never spoke, but …

...

With all this brushing my mind, the day fades, with my song still playing in loop.


Comments

Popular Posts