The strangers


-Abbhirami



I was sick today, very badly. I fixed an appointment with the doc by 6:30 pm.  I thought I can reach the hospital by 6:20 if I leave my home by 4:30. My mom and I thought we can board a bus to reach the spot. So we took one. We had to climb down at one of the stops and had to board another bus which would take us to the specific spot. We boarded the second bus. I meet one of my friends in that bus. She noticed me and enquired about my health. We were talking. I was standing near her. She was sitting near a window and took a place 3rd from the driver’s seat. A person sitting before her noticed me, standing. He suddenly turned towards me and asked to take his seat. I was quite shocked. I didn’t really know him and neither did he. I said ,” No thanks. That’s okay, I’m quite alright and I can stand”. But he insisted me to have his seat and all of a sudden he stood up and left his seat to me. And the other person who was seated right next to him also stood up and said “Yeah, come have the seat”. I still kept standing saying that “I am good right now and that’s okay. Please, you need it more than I” but they insisted and at last I sat.This incident did really made me think. Because in this busy scheduled life even your relations and your best friends sometimes forget to care about you and your presence.So who is this man? Why should he give his seat? Does he have any motto? Is he going to harm me in someway?questions filled up my mind within seconds.Come on this is natural to think.Our mom has always taught us never to believe anyone and get anything from anybody unknown. 

 I never knew these kinds good people still existed on the earth.


 I’m saying this because; nowadays it is pretty hard to pick people like them. I don’t say that people are bad nowadays. What I really wanted to say is that people have started to forget their goodness in them. And also this is not their fault. It is the very life that has transformed them.

I smiled thinking of this incident when I returned home and told my mother about this. She smiled too. These kinds of little incidents sprinkle bliss and leave you with an unadulterated smile J



Comments

Popular Posts