Along the road, an incident






It has been a couple of week I guess, since I blogged. I was caught up with my exams. I hope everybody is doing great.


I thought that there is much more than exams, home works and stuffs like that. I see lot of many people who are very much bothered about their own life. You have to be nicer to yourself but there is some point in your life where you might think that it is nice to see other people are happy because of you.  I am not telling people to turn into a complete altruistic person but I am trying to say that it is nice when you see some people happy and it is because of you.  Leaving a smile on other people’s face is something truly nice. I don’t really know how to say it but I really wanted to say it.


Couple of weeks back, I was walking down the road from my bus stop and I saw a 10-year old kid who was trying hard to push his big flat tyred- bicycle. At first I was little hesitant to help that guy. I got many questions that was running inside my head – whether to help him or not, why should “I” help him? etc.  I saw him struggling through that road, and then suddenly I went up to him. I said let us push this thing together. He said ”okay, akka”. I seriously did not know pushing a flat tyred bicycle was hard until I helped him. We started pushing and while pushing we were having a little chat.  He said his entire story of life, within a few minutes. I don’t know him and he has never ever seen me anytime. But he believed in me and said everything, I guess. We were cracking some little jokes on the way to the repair shop. And at last I asked him one question to him- what do you want to become? He replied I should become somebody who helps people when they are in need, like you. I smiled and said “why like me?” He said out of many passersby nobody ever bothered to help and it was you, who did that. I didn’t know what to say back to him and left him at the repair shop with a bye.


This very incident made me think a lot. I started realising the impact of how it feels to help people when they are in need of it, the timely help I mean.  It is not that “thank you” you want from the person you help. I’m talking about the feeling of satisfaction and happiness it brings when you see somebody smile at you because of something nice that you have done to them. 


All these small things will definitely make you feel bigger at heart.


It is nice to be a “human” at some point of time. These small things will be stuck in your heart and at some point of time, when you retrospect, it feels that you have done something nice to some stranger at some point of your life.


All that I wanted to say is that “Be good, do good”! 


(To all the people reading this, please leave a comment if you like it.)

Comments

Popular Posts