Neuralink Vs Microsoft’s project - Data on DNA


-Abbhirami



NEURALINK Vs MICROSOFT's DATA ON DNA PROJECT


It has really been a very long time since I have posted. I hope all my readers are doing well. Topic of today as you can see, is about AI.

I call AI to be the Master of all the other technologies. Artificial Intelligence is hot topic that has been prevailing since late 2000s . We see many tech giants involved with full vigour in establishing their stand in this new sect. We can see a new comer, who has entered with the same motto, with the project named Neuralink.


Elon Musk, CEO of Neuralink, has said that AI will start ruling the world very shortly as many other CEOs from Tech have stated. I find AI to be the apex of the Technology and I guess that would be the saturation point too. After which things will turn down accelerating to the bottom.


On comparing both the projects, I truly find both to be fascinating and mouth-gaping. To amount of hard-work and sweat put in to attain the goal deserves a greater appreciation.

To understand both these it better to look into the details of the project:

Microsoft’s Data on DNA: As mentioned in one of my older posts, this project aims to store data on DNA. Here is the link to paper about this project: https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~luisceze/publications/dnastorage-asplos16.pdf

Neuralink: Instead of targeting the DNA, they prefer to choose the cells of the brain but for now with an aim to cure the brain related disease, with an eventual goal of human enhancement. Not just this, the project aims to connect the human brain to the internet, and help you transfer data from the internet to your brain and vice versa. This sounds skeptical. I can’t really find the details about this project.
I will surely be back again with more packed information about this.


Comment on which project you would vote for and why?

[PS: Thanks for all the appreciative messages you have inboxed me but hitting that like button and commenting on it counts a lot ;) ] 





Comments

Popular Posts