#AWalk

-Abbhirami

 

All the drama and all awkwardness awakens me from my flight of fancy. Switching faces is all that is needed when I step into outer world. Nobody cares about your believes or faith. You carry yourself with you where you go, giving what you have to give. Sometimes you don't have time to stop by and see. Cross roads you come across, the green lanes you pass by, the spilt ice cream on the road you see, the couple seated on a park bench, an old man stumbling with his walking stick, kids riding cycles, dilapidated buildings, the fenced yard, the rush. But your ears are plugged with headphones, lost in the melody, every step you take to the rhythm gives a different kind of happiness that I cannot word. Switching to fantasy within a blink of an eye, you know what it feels like. Looking back, the distance you have traveled from your home reminds you that you are farther now.You smile.The kid looking at you waving reminds that your childhood days are over. You wave back with confidence. Now you know you are an adult. Coerced to understand this you travel.

Suddenly I can see my pace slowing down, realizing the journey. I shook my head, I know I should travel. I know -what I'm traveling for and how much it is worthy of.  I have a long way to go. And I am still walking to rhythm.

Comments

Popular Posts