I


I am a person who spends most of time between walls and before monitor screens. They gave me a sense of comfort that I cannot word. My mind was showered with thoughts from past to present. I felt myself to be too ordinary. I was so naive to understand the definition of happiness from the perspective of others. Life was too fast passing by. I was stumbling as usual. With few slaps of fortune, things turned around in my life. I knew I was facing everything with my eyes closed.
Luck and Lies, my good friends. They came running when I needed them the most. They cradled my soul. I was stripped too much to the rawness. I felt cold and distant sometimes but I was surviving.
I understood. Few eyes spoke promises. Faith, stole my heart. I knew the days, I was whispering all the good words that I know, to breathe.
Seasons died and my innocence too. My lies exposed my dark and life taught the existence of light. All my moments were too fragile like a bird in my hand.  I saw silenced by reality. I baffled sometimes to define many things in my life. I was drinking too much fantasy which people thought would kill me.  I visited places but I returned to myself.  My lies woke me up during the silent nights when I had my beating heart to be my only company.

Now, when I look in the mirror,
What am I seeing?
Is it just my reflection or my reminiscence ?
What am I hiding?
Is it the truth or my flaw?
What is awake?
Me or my thoughts?
What is burning?
Now or my past?

These questions make a lot of sense to me, now. Life is enigmatic but once I am able to explain myself to myself and understand them, then the game gets simplified and I guess, I am set free.
But still, I don't know.












Comments

Popular Posts