#The Digression


-Abbhirami



Not longer than month I threw a challenge to myself that I had to get off from social media. In short to go offline for a long time(but you can still see me out here saying something and running around :P).


You know something, but I did go offline for a couple days back and it did feel good. You start noticing many things inside your own home, this is the very first thing I started noticing in myself. 

The first attack you get is from- Boredom, it kicks your head so hard but still you will survive.

The second stage- There will be constant urge to get your mobile, switch on your wifi and feel the sound the vibration of the messages that flushes in. The sound of the notifications, calls and messages for many, is something they cannot survive without. Trying to cut-off from being "connected" sounds so naive but it is a challenge. You cannot really stay away from any of the gadgets not more than 6 hours. But still you've got to stay calm.

Sometimes the boredom hits you so bad that you start to act crazy, I really mean it, welcome to stage three. 

As I start to understand that how badly I am  so stuck to my mobile I started to feel like a slave in a fetter, stage 4.

Then I did start to digress myself into other stuffs. Learning many things. Enjoying the silence. The calmness you get is something I cannot really sit and explain. It will start to fell different - stage 5.


And I think this is the last stage. Every time you grab your mobile, remind yourself that you are using it really for a purpose. If you feel you are digressing somewhere and not really doing what you wanted to do, for God's sake throw it away. I mean it because it seriously devours you entire time taking you from one link to another and you are so caught into the fantasy and the abundance of information you cannot really help yourself stop it.


The gadgets are like so into our blood, that we cannot even think living without them. This is not true. You can definitely live without it; much more happy, stress free. 

By the way, is this a digression too, I don't know; Did I come here for something else, !!  -_-

Comments

Popular Posts