Things that I always find on TV channels

-Abbhirami


I was so tired and I switched on the TV. I am not a person who says "Nah" to news, I watch it. I switched back and forth between some news channels. For more than 15 mins I was stuck to one and I was listening to the news updates. Having felt bored, I switched to another news channel and was trying to listen to it for about 7 minutes, I guess. Then again was bored switched to another one which is usually called "the honest" news channels. I was watching for not more 10 minutes and I cannot withstand, I moved to listening to some songs. This is all the more worse. I like a bit romantic stuffs, but way too much really sucks.

Suddenly something struck me, I understood the pattern these news channel followed. And was shocked with my own finding! Here is it.

The most important news(they call it) always covered - attacks, disruption between nations, deaths, a political leader or a representative in any party defaming another political leader or a representative of opposite party, sexual harassment, gender inequality. Not more than 2 news updates will talk about the good stuffs prevailing. You see the pattern? Bad stuffs predominate more than the good ones.

News channels are out there to tell us things what is going around, I one hundred percent accept this point but why does it always give 80-90% importance to the bad stuffs that is going on instead covering the good things happening? 

After asking this question to myself, I did find an answer, if all the news channels start to give more attention to good things there will exist no news. "What!"(I guess many of you uttered this probably if you are reading or have wondered or found it stupid to say that way) Anyway, you accept or not, this is how it works. When you start to cover all the good things going around and if every news telecast the good news(news related to peace,harmony - of this sort), this will certainly 30-40% create an impact on our living which will result in we being more good, more united, will have more understanding between peoples, will start to believe the society more, will have more faith in humanity. 


News channels throwing much of lime light on bad things will always turn on hatred, disbelieves in people,etc. Because day in and day out we watch many things. Things that we watch does create an impact on what we are. Media is always turning us away from what we actually trying to focus on. Be it a news channel or any other channels it does that. More you watch the more you are influenced not without knowing. Think about it. I guess it is good to reduce the importance that we give to the entertainment factor that is prevailing. I guess it is gaining a lot more importance. Simple, what I say is that- what we see influences what we think and we end up doing that. Think once again. 



Comments

Popular Posts